Saturday, May 10, 2014

Describe the Perfect Roommate

I hated all my former roommates except this previous one. He answered my post on craigslist and we spoke only briefly via emails. He had moved in over a long weekend when I was away on a trip. He was the perfect roommate, never was noisy, always cleaned up after himself, always did his own laundry and seemed very friendly from the 2 email interactions we had after he moved in.

I never really see them but the $600 rent money is always deposited under my door on the first of every month,  and their exact half of the utilities are in the same plain envelope on the 15th of the month. Their room is next to mine and I hear them every now and then playing on the computer, playing the piano, or watching a movie. I will try to use the bathroom only to find out that the door is locked. I assume we work different hours since I only ever hear their footsteps at night. One night in particular, I couldn't sleep, I heard the door open and I was curious to know who my roommate was. I went to knock on their door, no answer So I opened the door to...an empty room.

It was then that I realized I was completely alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment