Saturday, May 10, 2014

[WP][Personal] What You Used To Do That You Don't Do Anymore.

I used to skateboard, or attempt to skateboard when I was a kid.
I was never really fantastic at it, I was never good enough to do tricks because I would always wipe out, get frustrated easily, and give up. Some days I wish I hadn't. I would cruise around the cul-de-sac we lived in and attempted to land simple olies. To this day I never gracefully stuck one. The only 2 tricks I can do is a front kick flip and a manual.

My kiddo thinks its the raddest thing ever. I purchased him a skateboard for Christmas this year, and I was going to buy myself one so he and I could practice during the summers together. But - of course -life got in the way and bills needed to be paid and food purchased and doctors visited... I'm unable to save up to get a nice board of my own.

I want to though, I crave the days of early springtime and mid summer where he and I are out late at the skate park across from our house, watching the teenagers practicing their flips on the half pipe and failing spectacularly. Then, as I watch my own kid attempt to do the exact same tricks as I tried to do 15 years prior, I will laugh at myself in between gasps of parent panic at how beautifully ironic life can actually be.

No comments:

Post a Comment